The clipper Stad Amsterdam is accessible to the public on the following days and times:
Throughout the period that the clipper Stad Amsterdam is moored at the National Maritime Museum, the ship can be visited every Wednesday and Sunday from 13 September between 11 AM and 4 PM. In addition, the ship can also be visited on several select dates, such as:
- 10 - 25 October, 11 AM - 4.15 PM (autumn break)
Visitors will be able to explore the ship entirely on their own.
A visit will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- valid proof of identification is required (see explanation below)
- unfortunately, the ship is not accessible for visitors with limited mobility.
general terms and conditions: ISPS – code
Clipper Stad Amsterdam features an ISPS code (International Ship and Port Facility Security Code). This code is required for all ships on international voyages with more than 500 GT. Not only ships, but all companies that come into contact with ships in the port must comply with the ISPS code. For this reason, the ship is not publicly accessible.
You can visit the ship free of charge with a valid museum ticket under the following conditions:
- identification with a valid proof of identification is mandatory (a valid passport, a valid Dutch identity card, a valid Dutch driving license or a valid moped driving license (category AM)).
- children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult (with valid identification).
- handbags or other luggage are not allowed on board, you may store them in a locker in the museum.
- upon request, you must cooperate with an inspection by a security employee.
You may be asked to provide your contact details.