- When: open daily during the autumn holidays (10 to 25 october). From 26 to 8 november on wednesdays and sundays.
- Time: during the autumn holidays 11 am - 4.15 pm. from 26 Oct, Wed & Sun: 11 a.m. - 3.30 p.m.
- Cost: valid museum ticket
- Register: in the museum with start time voucher (which you receive at the museum), the last start time is 3.30 pm. (only in the autumn school holidays).
The imposing bark Europa will be located at the National Maritime Museum from 7 October to 8 November 2020. Discover this great ship!
The bark Europa was built in 1911 as a lightship and was converted into a sailing ship in the Netherlands in the 1980s; a three-masted bark. The bark Europa has visited many continents and is therefore also called Ocean Wanderer. The ship is particularly well known for its annual expeditions to Antarctica. For the first time in twenty years the bark Europa spends a winter in Europe. The visit to Het Scheepvaartmuseum is the kick-off of its voyage across Dutch waters.
Please note: Het bark Europa is located at Het Scheepvaartmuseum from 7 October to 8 November and is open a few days a week.
In the period that the bark Europa is located at Het Scheepvaartmuseum, the ship can be visited on:
- 10-25 October 11-17 hours (autumn holiday) (last start time 16.15 hours)
- Wednesday 28 October 11:16 a.m. (last start time 3:30 p.m.)
- Sunday 1 November 11.16 a.m. (last start time 3.30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 4 November 11:16 a.m. (last start time 3:30 p.m.)
- Sunday 8 November 11:16 a.m. (last start time 15:30 p.m.)
Visitors can visit the ship on their own. A visit takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
During the visit of bark Europa to Het Scheepvaartmuseum it is possible for groups of up to 12 people to organise guided tours on request. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Unfortunately the ship is not accessible for disabled persons. A limited number of people can be on board at the same time; in order to manage this, a voucher with starting time must be obtained at the ticket office during the autumn holidays, with the last time slot being at 4.30 pm. Unfortunately, we can only hand out a limited number of time slots per day.
(corona) measures on board
- You can visit the ship free of charge with a valid museum ticket under the following conditions:
- Adhere to the safety instructions and the indicated walking routes on board - Follow the instructions of the crew.
- Children can only visit the ship when accompanied by an adult (with a valid identification document).