Het Scheepvaartmuseum attaches great importance to informing its visitors about how cookies are used on its website to safeguard the privacy of its visitors and at the same time offer visitors an optimally functioning website. In this context, Het Scheepvaartmuseum will always request the visitor's consent before placing cookies that collect personal data. The visitor also has the option of granting consent for each cookie category. Cookies that are only needed for the website to work properly can be placed without the visitor's consent. Visitors can change and adapt the cookie settings on the website at any time.
Functional cookies are cookies that are needed for Het Scheepvaartmuseum's website to function properly. These cookies do not store any personal data of the visitors but only provide an optimized user experience such as:
- The preservation of personal settings for the website of the Het Scheepvaartmuseum, such as the chosen language or selected browser settings.
- Keeping the website accessible at busy times by regulating traffic to the website.
- The storage of consent for the cookies already given.
View here the overview of the functional cookies we use.
These cookies are used for analytical purposes. For example, Het Scheepvaartmuseum can analyse how the website is used and optimally adapt it to the wishes of its visitors. These cookies can be used to collect personal data, including IP addresses, locations, and internet behaviour.
View here the overview of the analytical cookies we use.
Marketing cookies are cookies of third parties that monitor the internet behaviour of visitors in order to present ads. These cookies can be used to collect personal data, including IP addresses, locations, and internet behaviour.
Marketing cookies (depending on the internet behaviour of the visitor) are used to present relevant ads, make it possible to keep track of which ads have been shown to the visitor and who has clicked on the ad.
View here the overview of the marketing cookies we use.
This category includes cookies that do not directly fall into the previous categories, but which are used to track and profile the website's visitors. These cookies can be used to collect personal data, including IP addresses, locations, and internet behaviour.
It is possible that Het Scheepvaartmuseum will not always be aware of all cookies that are placed via the website by third parties. This especially concerns embedded content. Examples include image and other materials that are downloaded via another website, such as a Vimeo video stream. If you find such a Cookie that is not included in the above overview, please contact Het Scheepvaartmuseum or the third party that uses the Cookie.
View here the overview of the other cookies we use.
Deleting cookies & browser settings
You can use your browser settings to delete some or all cookies. How this works differs from browser to browser.
- In Internet Explorer, select 'Tools', 'Security', and then select Delete Browsing History. Select 'cookies and website information' checkbox and select 'Delete'
- Click on the Firefox in the top right corner of the horizontal lines and then click on 'Options'. Select 'Privacy & Security' and then 'History'. Here you can indicate which cookies are to be deleted. In addition, under 'Clear recent history...' you can delete all cookies by setting the time period to be deleted to 'All' and by selecting 'cookies' from the 'Details' menu using the arrow and then clicking 'Delete now'.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your browser. Then go to 'Settings' and then click 'Advanced'. Under 'Privacy and security', click on 'Content settings'. Then click on 'Cookies'. Here you can delete all or certain cookies.
It is also possible to set up your browser in such a way that you receive a notification before cookies are placed or your browser automatically rejects some or all cookies. In this context, Het Scheepvaartmuseum would like to draw your attention to the fact that refusing all cookies means that functional cookies will not be placed either, which may prevent the website from fully functioning. For more information about configuring your browser, please refer to your browser manual.
Right to view, rectify or erase your data
Some of the cookies used by us or by third parties collect personal data. You have the right to view, rectify or have your personal data erased. For cookies of Het Scheepvaartmuseum, we ask you to send us a copy of the cookie to which your personal data relates. We may ask you to provide proof of identity. Submit your request to email@example.com. For third-party cookies, please contact the party from which the cookie originates.
Questions and comments
Het Scheepvaartmuseum does its utmost to provide you with as much information as possible about the cookies used by itself and third parties. If you have any questions or comments, or if the list of cookies is incomplete, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.